We carefully screen and train all volunteers. In order to provide assignments that are meaningful, we look for individuals who will make a firm commitment to Equality Health Center and who will perform their assignments reliably and consistently. We have discovered that the more a volunteer puts into her/his assignment, the more that individual gains. You have the right to expect:
- Orientation to the organization
- Responsibilities suited to your interests and abilities
- Initial and ongoing training from skilled and professional staff
- Availability of staff to answer questions and address concerns
- Staff to listen to your honest feedback
As a volunteer at Equality Health Center we ask you to:
- Support Equality Health Center’s mission and vision
- Complete required orientation and training
- Strictly adhere to our protocols and procedures at all times
- Check in with staff whenever you have a question or concern
- Make a commitment to a specified term of service and be responsible for carrying out your assignments
- Provide Equality Health Center staff with honest feedback about the volunteer program
We ask our volunteers to make a time commitment which is negotiated based on type and complexity of assignment. In general, we require our volunteers be at least 17 years old (junior/senior in high school) and have had tuberculosis and rubella immunization.
Equality Health Center offers a number of interesting and challenging opportunities. There are both short-term and long-term assignments available in several areas of our organization. Our volunteer tasks vary throughout the year, but in general we may need help with Clerical/Office Volunteer, Translation Services. Maintenance and Grounds Keeping, Graphic Arts/Marketing, and Other Special Projects Your volunteer participation can make a critical difference to our organization and to the women and families we serve.
To learn more about how you can help, email us at email@example.com